The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday performed raids at 30 areas in Jammu and Kashmir and Bangalore on alleged irregularities within the recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Jammu and Kashmir Police.
After the cancellation of the recruitment course of, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has additionally beneficial a probe by the nation’s premier investigation company Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in all the episode.
Quoting sources a information company reported that raids have been performed at 28 areas in Jammu, one at Srinagar and a home in Bangalore.
According to the official handout, “the Central Bureau of Investigation has registered a case on the request of J&K Government against 33 accused including then Medical Officer, BSF Frontier Hqrs, Paloura; then Member, JKSSB; then Under Secretary, then Section Officer (both of JKSSB); ex-Official of CRPF; ASI of J&K Police; Owner of a coaching centre, Akhnoor; private company based at Bengaluru; private persons and unknown others on the allegations of irregularities in written examination for the posts of Sub-Inspectors in the J&K Police on 27.03.2022, conducted by J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB)”.
“The results were declared on 04.06.2022. There were allegations regarding malpractices in the examination. The J&K Government had constituted an inquiry Committee to look into the same. It was alleged that the accused entered into a conspiracy among officials of JKSSB, a Bengaluru-based private company, beneficiary candidates, and others, and caused gross irregularities in the conduct of written examination for the posts of Sub-Inspectors”, the official handout of CBI reads.
“It was further alleged that there was an abnormally high percentage of selected candidates from the Jammu, Rajouri and Samba districts. Violation of rules by JKSSB was allegedly found in assigning the task of setting question paper to a Bengaluru-based private company”, the handout reads.
Searches have been performed right this moment at 30 areas together with at Jammu, Srinagar, Bengaluru, and so on. on the premises of the accused.
The alleged irregularities surfaced after numerous candidates of a training institute from the Akhnoor space of Jammu had made it to the benefit checklist.
The company that performed the net examination has additionally been named within the FIR. There are a complete of 33 accused within the FIR registered by the CBI. The case is below investigation.
Lt Governor has promised to look into the allegation of fraud within the recruitment course of
It was on June 9, 2022, when Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha promised to look into the allegations of bungling and fraud within the recruitment technique of Sub-Inspector within the Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Exactly after a month, Lieutenant Governor fulfilled his promise and ordered the cancellation of the recruitment course of after a three-member inquiry panel detected fraud within the written check on July 8.
The Lieutenant Governor has additionally beneficial a probe by the nation’s premier investigation company Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in all the episode.
“JKP Sub-Inspector recruitment has been cancelled and a CBI probe has been recommended into the selection process. Culprits will be brought to justice soon. It’s the first big step towards securing the future of our youth and the govt will soon decide on a future course of action for fresh recruitment”, the workplace of the Lieutenant Governor tweeted on July 8.
- On June 4, JKSSB launched the checklist of over 7200 candidates who’ve cleared the written exams of the Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) and certified for the bodily check.
- With the checklist of shortlisted candidates launched by the JKSSB, the J-Okay Police recruitment examination has come below the scanner after a number of aspirants have referred to as it a “fraud” and “unfair”.
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, on June 9, has assured a probe into allegations of irregularities in written checks performed for the put up of Police Sub-Inspectors.
- On June 10, a three-member panel headed by the Financial Commissioner (Additional Chief Secretary), Home Department, R Okay Goyal was constituted.
- The different members of the panel have been the Principal Secretary General Administration Department and the Secretary Department of Law, Justice, and Parliamentary Affairs.
- 97, 793 candidates appeared within the written check performed by the JKSSB on March 27 throughout the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- As per information, 1,13,861 candidates had utilized for the put up of which 97,793 candidates appeared within the examination, which was over 85 %.
- Over 7200 candidates have “cleared” written checks and have declared certified for the bodily check within the coming days, JKSSB had issued discover was the recruitment of 1200 posts of PSI within the Police Department.
- Alleging large-scale bungling, fraud, and irregularities, left-out candidates identified a number of situations whereby siblings have managed choice which can’t be a coincidence.
- It was alleged that query papers have been leaked a day earlier than the exams and a few touts managed to get query papers.